At Wolf and White Ltd. we strive to become a leader in the fence and deck building industry by providing our clients with great customer service, quality products and professional workmanship for complete satisfaction. You can rely on us for any of your residential or commercial fencing or deck needs. We provide custom products that are designed to improve the aesthetics of your place and offer the security you expect.
Our skilled fence and deck contractors can provide every type of fence and deck designs, styles and materials. Your vision and our creativity will get together to create an oasis that will maximize your privacy while enhancing the beauty of your property. Our every employee is up-to-date with the latest trends and designs currently available. We only use the highest quality of deck and fence parts to ensure that you are pleased with the final outcome.
Before diving into building codes, permits, plat maps and so on. It is crucial to familiarize yourself with some basic parts of a deck. This way, you will get a brief exposure to deck framing.
- Ledger Board – A ledger board is used when the deck is attached to the house. Make sure the ledger is bolted firmly to the house’s framing.
- Floor Joists – The size of the floor joists depend on the species of lumber, the space between two joists and expected design load.
- Solid Blocking – Solid blocking is important for preventing taller joists from twisting onto their sides while excess load.
- Support Beam – Support beam channelizes the weight of the floor joists by transferring load onto the posts. A solid lumber beam or a built-up beam is usually used.
- Band/Rim Joist – Band or rim joist is present on the either sides of the deck. They just carry a fraction of the load unless the stairs are attached to them.
- Pickets – Pickets are available in various widths, finishes and shaped tops. Some pickets are full- cut and others are a nominal.
- Brackets – Wolf and White Ltd. offers one piece and two piece style brackets for installing your fence on metal posts. We use high quality lag screws to ensure durability.
- Rails – Rails play a vital role in the successful fence installation. Fence rails are either attached or nailed to the post.
- Posts – Posts are the foundation of the fence. It is advised to invest in the best foundation. Plan out the things before digging the first post hole.
- Kick-board– Kick-boards are installed at the base of the fence. They are meant to protect the bottom of the fence.
- Cap board – Cap boards add value to your new fence and will set it apart from others. A cap board ensures that the posts and rails are of the same height.
We, at Wolf and White Ltd., understand that a deck or a fence is a wonderful feature of a home. That’s why we provide you with deck and fence solutions that you can enjoy for years to come. With us, you can rest assured you are in the hands of a leading deck and fence building company in Toronto, Mississauga, Vaughan, Oakville, Brampton & Milton.